Sunday 11 May 2014

Hungry baby!

Everyone has their own opinion of when babies should start the weaning process, and that's fine.. Everyone can do it their own way. My opinion is that my baby will tell me when he is ready, that he did, and I will tell you how! 

Jake has been on 9oz of milk for about 5-6 weeks now.. Which is the most a bottle will hold, and he was going 3-4 hours between feeds, then this last week he completely changed.. He was taking around 7-8 oz of milk and then wanting another 2 hours after! He didn't seem satisfied after his bottles and was a lot more un settled then normal! So out came the baby porridge and he absolutely LOVED it.. He ate the whole lot, making sure not to spit any out and then after his little bit of porridge he drank around 5oz of milk! And he goes 4-5hours until he wants his next bottle! Which is a lot more ideal! I just couldn't get much done for having to stop every two hours!



After having porridge around midday for the last couple of days, I brought him something to have as a dinner. He literally just finished, and again he couldn't get enough. I only make him tiny tiny portions, I had to make him a second serving! He had broccoli, cauliflower and cheese, and then 5oz of milk! It is amazing the difference it makes, he is so much more content and satisfied then he had been the last couple of weeks! 





A Happy chunky baby!

3 comments:

  1. Ah bless, he's so cute. I know nothing about weaning, I should probably read up on it soon, so I have some idea of what I'm actually doing when the time comes! #WeekendBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I weaned Ethan - he's three now- I found that he slept through the night so much better. Thank goodness for solids! #WeekendBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he is so much better during the day.. Which is great for me because my days are really quite nice and chilled! :) which is a blessing with two children!!

    ReplyDelete